Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Seasonal Strawberry Favorites



Lately it seems that strawberries are available almost anytime of year.  Somehow that makes this little berry less 'special' than it used to be.  But it's true that strawberries are at their best flavor during the time of year that used to be seasonal - about NOW.


I've seen them all over for a reasonable price - so I decided to pull out some of my favorites.  (I apologize for the substandard photography... some of these are 3-4 years old) 

Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
This topping is different than your standard crisp topping for a fruit dessert.
It has baking powder as an ingredient, producing large
rubble-like pieces, without adding excess butter.

Topped with sweetened cream, or ice cream -
makes a perfect Spring/Summer dessert.

Strawberry Cream Cake
A great cake to make for Mother's Day.

A combination of strawberry shortcake, strawberry cheesecake,
and everyone's favorite frosted cake.

Crisp Strawberry Salad w/Toasted Sugared Nuts
Honestly, this is the most fabulous salad.  My favorite of all time.

Strawberry Cheesecake in a Cloud

Such an easy way to use fresh strawberries.

Fruit (in Cheesecake) Salad

The strawberries might seem hidden, but they are delicious in this salad/dessert.

Sunshine Trifle

Daffodil Cake
The lesser known twin to Angel Food Cake.
Perfect to pair with strawberries.

Strawberry Delight
All my sons' favorite dessert from their childhood.

1 comment:

  1. I loved all of your ideas for strawberries. They look delicious, but I think the salad is going to be my first pick.

    ReplyDelete