Friday, April 6, 2012

Herb Oil for Dipping Bread



The best thing about enjoying dinner at a (good) Italian restaurant is fresh crusty bread with dipping oil.  When my favorite place closed, I decided to drown my sorrows by making my own dipping oil.  Although this uses dried herbs, mixing them with fresh minced garlic brings them back to life.


I rarely make something like this at home, mainly because it’s my favorite thing to have when I go out.  It’s so easy and fast, I really don’t know what kept me from trying it before.


I have a favorite (fast & easy) baguette bread recipe that I make all the time (link is HERE), and it was perfect with this dipping oil.  

This has the right proportions of herbs and oil - and you can totally change the flavor by adding good quality balsamic vinegar.  


We loved it either way - plain, and with balsamic. We enjoyed it so much that I didn't want to stop and take a picture once we added the vinegar - but trust me, it was amazing...

For the recipe, go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment