Friday, February 3, 2012

Game Starters



As I stood in line at Costco today, I was fascinated by what was loaded (rather, HEAPED) into the carts ahead of me.  Sure fire evidence that there's a pretty important game this weekend.  Sometimes it seems like it's all about the food (and the commercials) - rather than a game.  I think we Americans require holidays or events at least every three weeks so we can have an excuse to make our favorite food.


None of these are amazingly different, but they make for great snacking for just about any event.  

Sure Fire Blender Salsa
Fresh cilantro, onion, and garlic disguise the fact
that you used canned tomatoes - not fresh.

Layered Asian Dip
Unusual, and so good with your own Wonton Dippers

Spinach Artichoke Dip
Roasted garlic (an extra step that is very worth the effort)
makes all the difference.  Delicious.

Olive Cheese Rounds
Spread this on french bread, use it on crackers, or on baguette rounds.

Chicken 'n Bacon Stuffed Puffs
"Enclosed" pizza - loaded with toppings of your choice.

Nacho "Cheesecake"
Great on your plate as you cheer from your couch.

Bloomin' Onion Bread
I was surprised to see my recipe on so many blogs & Pinterest,
but I shouldn't have been.  This is the ultimate snack food/appetizer.
Black Bean Hummus
Serve alongside salsa & guacamole, you'll be surprised how much you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment