Saturday, February 26, 2011

Beau Monde Dip



Ranch dips, dressings, and mixes have ruled forever (it seems), and although it’s a familiar, homey flavor - I’m ready for a change.  I purchased Beau Monde seasoning a while back for another recipe, and decided it wasn’t going to just take up space in my spice cabinet.  This was a nice diversion from the usual.


Beau Monde is a seasoning salt made by Spice Islands.  It is a little hard to find, so I’ve included how to make your own at the end of the recipe link.  
I made this so long ago, I can’t find the sources - but it’s a combination of two or three similar recipes, changed to accommodate what I didn’t have on hand at the time.  I love it when I taste something, enjoy the flavor, and then try to detect what the spice combination is.  This one had my kids stumped.  The secret ingredients that were hard for them to determine were a tiny amount of curry, and the Beau Monde.

This is a good one to keep in the refrigerator with fresh veggies for when the diet-busting, mid-afternoon snacking hours catch you unawares.  So good with jicama, fresh broccoli, sugar snap peas, and fresh sliced mushrooms.  Fairly simple to halve for smaller quantities.

If you are looking for another use for Beau Monde seasoning - look HERE.  For the recipe for this dip, go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment