Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Turnovers (in NO time)



If you’re searching for a comforting, homestyle dessert that takes little or no time - you owe it to yourself to try this method.  Using frozen puff-pastry and a few apples - you can have this on the table in less than half an hour.  The only drawback is they are at their best when served hot, while still puffy and steaming.

It’s officially apple season, and I tend to get stuck in apple pie mode this time of year.  On Halloween, I decided to set all things pumpkin aside and move on to apples.  We have lots of favorite pie recipes, but I wanted something different.  

After a quick search, I found this interesting recipe on tasteofhome.com.  I had an extra sheet of puff pastry in my freezer, so these came together easily in no time.  I felt a little bit guilty not making a batch of pie crust, but they were no less delicious using the puff pastry.

I wondered if it was really necessary to baste the unbaked turnovers with the cinnamon/sugar/butter mixture - but it added a beautiful sheen and a sweet taste.  

As I already said, be sure to serve these right from the oven - as they are much more impressive while still puffy.  

For the recipe, hints, & instructions, go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment