Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fastest Cinnamon Buns



Do you shy away from cinnamon rolls on a Saturday morning because you slept in just a little too long?  These come together fast without yeast to proof, yet turn out light and puffy.  Cottage cheese adds a nice texture, and the extra glaze is nice to pass at the table for drizzling on each bun once served.

With two of my daughters (and their spouses) still working on college degrees - they love coming home to use my washer/dryer - AND - to get a little spoiled once in a while.  I try to make a nice breakfast on Saturdays when they join me for a weekend.  But we enjoy staying up way too late the night before, and by the time we get up next morning - there’s little time to make anything fancy.

I found this recipe on finecooking.com, and I was a little hesitant to make them because they didn’t call for yeast.  I’ve used cottage cheese in yeast doughs before (with good success) - so I decided to test them.
They were really quick to put together - especially with a food processor.  If you don’t have a food processor, a blender will do in a pinch.  You would just need to stir in the dry ingredients by hand and knead it lightly.  

My college students really liked these, and I did too (although I still prefer yeast rolls).  They are best served hot from the oven - which is true of any cinnamon roll.  They also warm well in the microwave for breakfast the next day.

For step-by-step directions & photos, along with the recipe - go to:


No comments:

Post a Comment