Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Green Jello Cream Cheese Salad - it's a Utah thing...



If you’ve heard that every family from Utah has a favorite Green Jello Salad recipe - it seems to be true.  Ours is affectionately called “Green Slime” - and one day I’ll share it with you.  I found this to be a family tradition of one of my favorite food bloggers.  One can never have too many green jello recipes - so I gave it a try.  


Once I’ve followed a food blog for a while, I like to get to know the person behind the recipes.  It’s fun to see their families, interests, background - and the like.  

I’ve noticed that most of these great cooks - almost without exception - have a favorite green jello recipe.  During the 2002 Winter Olympics in SLC the media went way overboard in making an issue out of Utah’s love affair with green jello.  Well that trend seems to be spreading beyond Utah.  Green jello is just... comforting?

Bill Cosby apparently has reunited with Jell-O  to freshen up it’s image of the gelatin and pudding brand once again.  These new ads will show people disrupting everyday activities (such as WORK) with cups of Jell-O.  

Nothing makes kids happier than Jello - especially if it’s green.  When I saw this recipe in the “About” section on barbarabakes.com - I had to try it.  It is delicious, albeit unpretentious - and a great addition to my Jello file.  Thanks Barbara...

For the recipe, go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment