Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Crisp & Tender Panko Crusted Chicken


When you are eating alone, it’s easy to fall into the frozen food trap - which comes with the downside of too many calories, too much salt, and overprocessed ingredients.  In the short time of 15 minutes, you can have this in the oven and ready in an hour.  And you’ll be happy you didn’t open that freezer door.


I’ve tried all those ‘eating solo’ standby meals... TV dinners, chicken nuggets, frozen pizza, potstickers, egg rolls - you name it.  Lately I’ve made a pact with myself that I’m still going to make dinner - even if it’s just me at home.  When I make that effort, I’m less likely to graze in the kitchen the rest of the night.


This simple recipe uses Panko crumbs - and I’ve included the link for the “Do-It-Yourself Panko” from yesterday HERE.  If you’re not in the mood to go to all that effort, by all means purchase a box of Panko and keep it on hand.


I’ve tried to simplify the preparation so it doesn’t take pounding, multiple seasonings, and exotic ingredients.  And I must say, it turned out great.  


The chicken is fork-tender and moist.  The panko coating keeps it interesting, and the sour cream is a nice surprise when you take your first bite.


And even better than that - it isn’t deep fried, full of preservatives, and a miniature  version of what is shown in the box photo of a frozen entree. 


For this recipe & directions - go to:
www.changeabletable.com

No comments:

Post a Comment