Thursday, May 6, 2010

'Big Three' Cookies - pleases any cookie-lover...



This is a hybrid of sorts - think of your three favorite cookies...  Peanut Butter.  Oatmeal.  Chocolate Chip.  Now put the three together and you’ve got one GREAT cookie.   All you need is a tall glass of cold milk, and you should be totally satisfied.


I’ve never given up my quest for the ultimate chocolate chip cookie.  It goes ON and ON (and ON) - but I don’t mind.  Think how bored I’ll be when I find it.  
My husband’s favorite cookie was the classic 4-H recipe for peanut butter.  He liked them just dry enough to make him need a glass of milk.  My favorite cookie has always been a chewy oatmeal cookie.  My kids (like all kids everywhere) always went for good old chocolate chip.

So when I found this (which was called "Peanut Butter - Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies"... whew, that's a long one!) on browneyedbaker.com - I wondered if it would satisfy all those “favorites” in one cookie.  I was completely surprised that it did!  The recipe came from a reader whose mother found it on the back of a bag of flour years ago.

The other thing I love about this recipe, is that it taught me how to get that classic crinkly look on top.  I would have never guessed that is how it’s done...  Read the recipe instructions  to learn more about it.

I’ve always heard that you shouldn’t let cookies bake until done.  They should look slightly brown, the edges just barely set, and puffy in the middle when you take them out of the oven.  Allow to cool on the baking sheet and they will be just right.

The recipe, photos, and instructions for this 'hybrid' recipe can be found at:




If you're wanting to make someone's day - drop a little cello-bag of 2-3 of these cookies in their mailbox - (the "Home Made" stickers are made by Wilton...)

No comments:

Post a Comment