Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day One (of sixteen days of GREEN)...



I must say I'm shocked... there really ARE people out there who read this humble little blog.

This link for Creamy Potato Kale Soup was sent by lindstewfoodies, and I'm hoping to give it a try.  I've never used a LEEK in my life - (I'm definitely not a food network star, but you knew that already).  I've never used kale as well, although I've tasted it.  Parsnips and I go way back (right Mom?)... so this will be a stretch, but I'm up for it.  Lindsey mentions in her post that her husband asked if there was cheese in this soup.  Although cheese isn't an ingredient, she says the creamy thickness comes from the potatoes and other pureed veggies.  Check it out HERE...


I'm sure Jello sees a resurgence in sales of instant Pistachio pudding mix this time of year.  One of our favorite green recipes is Dad's Pistachio Marble Cake.  We always have this around Thanksgiving weekend, but it's perfect for St. Pat's Day as well.  You'll love it.  Check it out HERE...



If you would like to submit your GREEN recipe for our Sixteen Days of GREEN, send the link & a photo to appetersen@changeabletable.com.  Don't have a food blog or website?   No worries, just send the recipe and photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment