Monday, January 4, 2010

White Chocolate Peppermint Pie - SAVE those candy canes!

 

Right now (in the dead of Winter) I’m enjoying anything “minty”...  As I was putting all the Christmas decor away a few days ago, I hesitated a minute as I headed to the garbage can with a handful of candy canes.   It brought back some sweet memories.



I decided to put those candy canes to good use this year.  I found a few variations of peppermint pie, and decided to add white chocolate for richness, and unflavored gelatin to make it a little lighter.  In a homemade pastry crust, it was truly delicious.   To (easily) fancy it up - I drizzled Hershey’s Special Dark Ice Cream Topping over each slice.

 

Ever feel a twinge of guilt as you toss out all those candy canes in January?  You’ll won’t want to when you try this just-rich-enough, but not-over-the-top variation of peppermint pie. 

For this recipe, along with step-by-step photos - go to:

Warm Winter Wishes - from my house to yours...


2 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful! I'd love to make this sans the gelatin? Do you have that recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The unflavored gelatin is actually called "Knox" which comes in little envelopes in the dessert/jello section of the grocery store. If you look at this recipe, it tells you how to dissolve it and add it to the pie. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete