Monday, January 18, 2010

Mini Lemon/Blueberry Bundts - perfect size to give (or receive!)

Mountain Dew (in my humble “mothers” opinion) is toxic...  
Each one of my six children have heard my speech on that topic.  
If I’m going to spend my calories, I would rather spend them on real food made from real ingredients.  That said - I take all I’ve ever said about Mountain Dew back - for this recipe ONLY!




This simple recipe is moist, not-too-dense, and just tart enough to give your taste buds a little rush.  I’ve made cakes with citrus soda before, but they weren’t even close to being this delicious.  So my all-out ban on Mountain Dew is now conditional...





When I don’t have one (or more) of my children hanging out, I start to miss having a nice dessert occasionally.  When I found this recipe, I decided to make it in mini-bundt pans, freeze the extras, and bring them out when I get a craving.  But the real reason I made these was to commemorate a few birthdays for friends.  A full size cake is too much for a friend’s birthday - especially if their family is making one already.  I placed the individual bundts on a mini-styrofoam plate, wrapped them well in saran, and put them in the deep freeze.  





As you’ve probably noticed - I have a thing for anything “bundt”...  
Check out my past posts here, and here, and here...





Since it’s mid-winter and fresh fruit is practically non-existent (for my budget anyway) - I brought out a bag of dried blueberries and made a quick topping.  It's simple to make a tiny batch of lemon frosting, place it in a ziploc baggie, then pipe onto the bundt. With a spoonful of the blueberry topping - wah-lah!...a pretty nice gift that I was pleased to give my friend (and good to know I had five more waiting in the freezer)


For this recipe, with lots of how-to's & photos - go to:

1 comment: