Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nacho Mac 'n' Cheese - a "grown up" version of an all-time favorite...

Any family will love this unusual version of mac ‘n’ cheese - the comfort food of all time. Here it has grown up to include meat and fresh vegetables - boosted with creamy melted cheese throughout. The hint of taco seasoning adds just enough kick, while still being mild enough for the fussiest eater.


Who can resist another pasta dish - especially one that the family ASKS for again? I’ve found that gemelli pasta is going to be a favorite around here - mainly because it doesn’t fall apart, even when it’s cooked beyond the optimum time.



I had extra gemelli from the “Everything” Layered Salad I made over a week ago. I had WAY too much, so I had stored it in a zip-loc bag in the refrigerator. When I’m stumped on how to use an overabundance of something - I always go to the web and “throw a study on it”... It's always interesting to merge several recipes - and sometimes I get lucky.



For step-by-step photos, recipe, and directions - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment