Friday, October 2, 2009

"Taco Salad" Pizza - jazz up a family favorite...





What to do with Taco Salad leftovers? Try jazzing up your pizza with a little tex-mex flair. The “sauce” is so simple, yet the flavor will remind you of your favorite summer taco salad. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream - and even salsa and guacamole on the side.

Today I decided to be less wasteful and try to use up the odds and ends from the Taco Salad we enjoyed when the weather was still warm. I had just enough Buttermilk Refrigerator Roll dough (link is HERE) to make a crust, and the rest just “evolved” into something I want to make again soon. I had pre-browned ground beef and frozen diced green pepper all hanging around from other meals - so they were ready to go! We were in a hurry, or I’m sure I would have made my favorite garnishes to use as additional toppings (guacamole & salsa). I’m sure crushed Doritos on top would have been fun also...

For recipe & step-by-step photos - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment