Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spiderweb Pumpkin Cheesecake - (Spiderweb OPTIONAL, but you'll love it...)

This delicious cheesecake can be used for TWO holidays... but the Halloween version (garnished with a spun sugar spiderweb) is my favorite. The pumpkin makes it a little less heavy than standard cheesecake, and the smooth sour cream topping makes a delicious base to build your spiderweb...



I enjoyed a Halloween lunch a week ago, and asked my friend to make this recipe I found in the Taste of Home Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual from 2003. She did a fantastic job recreating it - and you should have TASTED it...

The spiderweb garnish was not as tricky as she anticipated. But the chocolate spider was another matter. As you can see - she opted for the dollar store plastic spider (with the ring cut off) - good choice! I don’t know if I would have enjoyed a chocolate spider anyway... that would have killed my taste for chocolate (temporarily).



The cheesecake was creamy, rich, and memorable... She used chocolate graham crackers instead of the Oreo cookie crumbs that it called for - and it didn’t diminish it at all. (You won't miss the tedious step of removing the Oreo filling from the cookies first...)

Go to www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab) for the complete recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment