Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cinnamon Toffee Dip w/Chips - this truly makes a GREAT pumpkin...

This caramel flavor dip (and many variations of it) has made it’s way through the blog world and back again - and it’s still everyone's favorite. (Where it began is still a mystery) The super-simple cinnamon toasted “chips” are always a hit. Everyone who tries them has a puzzled look on their face when they find out they began as soft flour tortillas.



This Halloween/Fall appetizer is so fast to put together, and the crunchy toffee bits make it extra special. I've yet to find anyone who doesn’t love it



It takes center stage when you pair it with fresh apples as well as the easy-to-make cinnamon chips. (The other items shown in the lazy-susan are in prior posts - be sure to check them out. Kids AND adults love them...)



I hollow out a small sugar pumpkin, stuff it with a damp paper towel, and keep it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. This is my container, and a chilled one at that... I use a small glass dish to hold the dip, then lower it into the center cavity of the pumpkin so it doesn’t mingle flavors. When I’m finished each time I use it - I remove it the dish of dip, rinse out the pumpkin again, and return it to the refrigerator. This way I can use the same pumpkin throughout the two weeks before Halloween.



For instructions with photos, and the full recipe - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment