Monday, October 19, 2009

"Trix"ster Treaters - SORT (& eat), SORT (& eat), you get the idea!

I couldn’t resist this really fun way to use Trix cereal. Although I think packaged cold cereal is evil - I enjoy a bowl occasionally. These little characters hypnotized me into giving this Halloween treat a try. This would be a great activity to have young children “help” you with - especially the sorting (and snacking along the way!)



I stumbled upon this at bakedperfection.com - and fell in love with these little monsters. I wasn’t sure how much cereal a box would yield - but I measured it for you (so you don’t have to wonder!)



A 13-oz box of Trix yields 3 cups EACH of the following colors: green & blue, yellow & orange, and red & purple. I still haven’t found a (cute) way to use up the red and purple cereal - but I’m working on it!



The recipe calls for 6 cups of cereal - so I used the green & blue, and the yellow and orange - saving the red & blue for a burst of creativity later on.



For step-by-step photos and instructions, where to get the 'embellishments', (and the recipe, of course!) - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment