Saturday, September 12, 2009

Single Size Fresh Peach Tarts - you won't want to SHARE these...




Hooray! Peaches are on... You’ll be glad you don’t have to share this luscious peach tart with anyone but yourself. It’s simple to make the pastry tarts, or even make individual discs from your own pastry recipe. Keep them sealed for freshness, then make a quickie batch of the sweet glaze to pour over freshly sliced peaches. YUM!

I wasn’t prepared for how much I would LOVE this glaze recipe... It compliments fresh peaches (which are so abundant right now) perfectly. I may just have to make this every single day until peaches aren’t available anymore.

I was expecting the peaches to turn brown, but they held their golden color for almost an entire day. That frees you up to make this several hours before you serve them - which allows you to chill them, making them even better.

I topped them with stabilized whipped cream (included in the recipe HERE) - and it held up beautifully.

If you’ve never used Ultra Gel - you owe it to yourself to give it a try. I used it in this recipe, and it eliminated the need to cook (and cool) the sauce. It also won’t set up extra firm or quickly form a skin on top as cornstarch does.

You could use this recipe in small, individual graham cracker shells, and even in a pre-baked pastry crust for an entire pie. I made individual tart shells - which “sagged” on me by the time they were done. I’ve decided that’s a lot of effort, so next time I’ll just cut out rounds of pastry (you'll love the recipe HERE) and bake them on a cookie sheet. After all - you just need something to hold the real star of the show (the peaches).

For this recipe, with detailed instructions & photos - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("empty nest" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment