Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Crispy Parmesan Crepes - the crunchy texture will delight you...





I had never paired the word “crispy” with “crepes” - but they make a fine combination... Parmesan cheese adds such a texture and flavor to these unusual crepes. Mushrooms, asparagus, heavy cream, and cashews make them even better. Easy to place unbaked crepes in small portions in your freezer to spoil yourself some evening in the future.

A few months ago I couldn’t reach my friend (who made these) so I could ask for her recipe. I did an internet study and came up with the Chicken Parmesan Crepes (found HERE) - which were good, but just not the same.

I finally reached her and she graciously shared it with me. I can’t quite decide which ingredient gives it such a distinctive flavor - but my guess is the soy sauce. What an UN-likely ingredient to be found in crepes! You may want to cover yours if you prefer the traditional soft crepe - but these were extra tasty baked UN-covered, giving them a crispy parmesan crunch. The tender ingredients in the filling are a nice contrast.

You’ll find that adding grated Parmesan to the crepe batter gives them a wonderful crunch - even coated with sauce. I just love these, and my family agreed with me. They (of course) would opt to leave out the cashews - such pansies!

For this recipe, photos, and links - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("empty nest" tab)

1 comment: