Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Asparagus/Bacon/Tomato Tart - more fun than a quiche...





A quiche is fun, but a tart is divine... Something about the visual texture of the crust in a tart makes it special. If you have a plethora of fresh tomatoes in your garden, this is certainly worth a try. The bacon and asparagus add a rich flavor. Using fresh tomatoes (surprisingly) didn’t make this soggy either...

I finally splurged and bought tart pans. I LOVE them... other than I have tiny cuts all over my fingers now (see, they really ARE new!) It was just as simple making a tart as it is putting together a pie - but the advantage is you don’t have to make a fluted edge. Just slice it off even with the top and you’re good to go!

I found the beginnings of this recipe on foodnetwork.com, and combined it with one on racoonandlobster.com... Tweaking is so much fun.

For this recipe, photos, and links - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment