Monday, August 31, 2009

Sour Cream Berry Muffins - berries won't sink in this one...





This sweet, rich, berry-studded muffin didn’t have to campaign hard to be an instant favorite. Easy to add a variety of fresh or frozen fruit to - and bakes up tall and tender inside. The batter is thick enough that the berries won’t even think of sinking to the bottom.

I’ve tried LOTS of muffin recipes to discover the one that makes the most of blueberries - and I think I’ve finally found it. The recipe is from Country Woman magazine - and I found it on tasteofhome.com. It makes a substantial size batch - so I prefer to cut it in half so we consume them hot from the oven without leftovers. A few months ago I made these with half sliced fresh strawberries added to the blueberries. It was a fun Fourth of July breakfast.
I think you’ll agree this one is a keeper. Bid blueberries farewell soon - summer is waving goodbye... But frozen blueberries will work almost as well this winter.

For this recipe, photos, and directions - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment