Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Personal-size Bacon & Tomato Flatbread Pizza - fix it on the fly...





School started today... I’m trying not to fight the whole “schedule” thing but I’m feeling rebellious after such an unplanned summer. So when I eyed the leftover flatbread from yesterday’s post (HERE), I decided to use what I had to come up with a fast pizza dinner on the fly. Perfect for those grab-and-run nights when you don’t want to devote ANY time to cooking - especially when it’s just you at the table. These were delicious & filling too...

I didn’t realize how GREAT these would work for pizza crust. Brushed with a little olive oil before layering the rest of the ingredients, the flatbread made a great foundation. No soggy crust and super quick baking allowed me to get these to the table in about 20 minutes. And if there are leftovers, they warm up well in the microwave.

Fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden, convenient pre-cooked bacon, and pre-shredded three cheese blend made this easy as (pizza) pie.

For easy directions & photos - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("empty nest" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment