Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chewy, Drizzled Cinnamon Chip Cookies - melting those morsels makes all the difference...





The idea of adding melted cinnamon chips to cookie dough has never occurred to me... but I’m sure glad someone thought of it, because it’s fantastic! These chips are usually scattered throughout a cookie - but try melting them and using them to drizzle that warm, sweet flavor all over the top.

I found this recipe months ago on www.hersheyskitchens.com - and promptly filed it away to try “later”... I almost didn’t give it a chance, because I was suspicious of melting down those expensive little morsels. But somehow it turns an ordinary cookie into an over-the-top delicious cookie - nice and chewy with that fantastic creamy cinnamon drizzle on top. You’ve got to try these!

I had extra dough after my ground pecans ran out - so I rolled the rest in cinnamon sugar. It was an interesting twist on the snickerdoodle, but much more “cinnamon-y”. For those of you who have someone in your family with nut issues - these are still wonderful with-OUT being rolled in nuts.

For the recipe, photos, and instructions - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

2 comments:

  1. I've got some cinnamon chips in the pantry. This sounds like a fantastic recipe to use them for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great cookie for fall. Now I'm curious about those melted chip. I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete