Friday, August 14, 2009

Hollywood Squares - Peanut Butter Cups MINUS the annoying brown liner...





This recipe is for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup fans... Honestly - you won’t be able to tell the difference... and you won’t have to bother painstakingly peeling OFF the little cup liners (which just lets you polish them off even faster!?) More than one or two of these a day can be hazardous to your health, but I would gladly give up all the other good stuff for one of these.

I discovered this on homesteadinghousewife.blogspot.com and the story behind it intrigued me... Now that I’ve made them - I’m beyond intrigued (more like addicted). It really doesn’t explain where the name came from - but it’s unique and fun and reminds me of my childhood watching that silly game show over and over again.

My son drops by for lunch every day (even when I’m not here - which really helps clean out the leftovers!). Today he asked me where I found the recipe for those “killer peanut butter cups”... And yes - that was a compliment. The reason I posted this in the “empty nest” section is because I fully intend to eat these all by myself when my kids are all moved out - how’s that for selfish?

For this recipe, photos, and tips - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("empty nest" tab)

1 comment:

  1. I live minutes from Hershey and I might have to report you! Just kidding! I've got to try these. I've had Reese's Peanut Butter Cups that were just hours off the line. They were so fresh and creamy. Probably a lot like these!

    ReplyDelete