Thursday, June 25, 2009

Finishing Touch Dressing - for that WONDERFUL fresh fruit





Don’t you crave fresh fruit this time of year? In all it’s abundance, it’s easy to take it for granted. It has a natural beauty and it’s a shame to ruin it with heavy cream, gelatins, non-dairy whipped topping (you get the picture...) If you are looking for an impressive presentation for your plentiful seasonal fruit - this is it!

When I come across fresh fruit at it’s peak - I just want to look at it for a really long time. I’m almost afraid to do anything to change it’s natural beauty. I bought some fresh berries and peaches last week, fully intending to use them in some delectable baked dessert - but I couldn’t bring myself to alter them. So I hunted for a light fruit dressing.

It took a LONG time, but I found the perfect finishing touch for fresh fruit. It is lightly sweet, the faintest hint of orange, and it allows your arrangement of fruit to really shine. I really enjoy the fact that it doesn’t “set-up” like standard gelatin or pie glazes often do. My mouth waters just looking at the pictures again!

I plan to keep a jar of this in the refrigerator all summer long. It makes just enough (with enough left over) for one or two to enjoy for about a week.

For this recipe, along with photos - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("empty nest" tab)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. This really does look like the perfect finishing touch for fresh fruit! I can see me usingthis recipe a lot this summer!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so beautiful, thanks for sharing this recipe,it's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete