Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer's Coming... and food blogs (and awards) are popping up everywhere!





Nothing like a change of seasons to whet the appetite! As the title of this blog implies - NOTHING stays the same - ever!

I noticed on one of my most recent posts that a kind fellow-food-blogger gave me an AWARD (see it listed in the sidebar)... Oh my goodness - how could that be? I was flattered (and actually quite shocked...) So, I'm trying to learn blog award etiquette and pass that award on. Here are two blogs that I found quite charming (and also relatively undiscovered by the general food-blogging world) Check them out and congratulate them:

mychocolategarden.blogspot.com
A personal collection of all things chocolate

nettsnook.blogspot.com
A fellow empty nester that has found eating at home is enjoyable, healthier and saves money


A week ago I was having stir-fried zucchini and asparagus for lunch by myself. But over the Memorial Day holiday it changed to PB & J and grilled cheese with fifteen at the table - and six of these were my grandkids under the age of five... (I just had my daughter calculate a modest estimate of how many peanut butter and jam sandwiches I have made over the course of the past 29 years - and it was FIFTEEN THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED... and still counting!)

Today after I kissed everyone goodbye, shed a few tears over not seeing my newest grandbaby for a very long time, and loaded up my college daughter with all the leftovers from the BBQ and Sunday dinner - I am sitting at my keyboard feeling both sad and relieved! How can that be?

Just as Spring brings me a new lease on life, my constantly changing table adds to that pleasure... See you tomorrow with another recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment