Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Roasted Potato & Green Bean Salad - a nice change from the ordinary potato salad this holiday!





When I was asked to bring a unique potato salad to a lunch last week, all I could think of was the classic “Utah” recipe I posted a few days ago. I decided to “throw a study on it” (as my husband used to say) - and I ran across several versions of this one. The crispy potatoes, tender-crisp beans, and tangy dressing will surprise you...

The one I thought had possibilities was found on www.staceysnacksonline.com - and I was right! It was a real hit with everyone.

Since there is no egg-based dressing involved - it can be served hot or cold. I liked it right as the potatoes and beans were finished cooking and coming out of the oven. The dressing seemed a “mystery” to everyone who tasted it - and it was the perfect finishing touch.

But - don’t do what I did and forget to add the onions last. I had them sliced and ready in the refrigerator - and ran off without putting them in. But there is onion in the dressing - so it still had plenty of flavor. I’m not sure I would add them next time (even if I DO remember)

Enjoy this long Memorial Day weekend!

For this recipe and photo tutorial - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

1 comment:

  1. What a great alternative to potato salad!! I love green beans and can imagine how yummy they would be with crisp potatoes!!

    ReplyDelete