Friday, May 15, 2009

Flaky Layered Biscuits - new recipe for an old favorite...





You will love this unusual spin on a biscuit recipe... The result is a lightly sweet flavor, tender flaky layers, and not even a hint of dryness. I usually have leftover biscuits that slowly turn hard on the countertop. The next day - these had vanished. They taste freshly baked when warmed in the microwave. Serve with jam or honey for the ultimate biscuit...

The original recipe for these biscuits called for fat-free buttermilk - but when I saw the amount of butter in the ingredients list, I thought that was probably pointless! I keep buttermilk in the refrigerator all the time - it just makes quick breads turn out SO much better.

Another ingredient called for that is unusual in a biscuit recipe was honey... This gives the finished biscuit just a hint of sweetness, and keeps it moist even days later.

I was skeptical when I read “flaky” in the title (Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits from Cooking Light) - but when I tried this method of rolling out the dough, I was pleasantly surprised...

For this recipe, (my) photo tutorial, and instructions - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

And check back soon for using this recipe for beef pot pie, and biscuits with gravy...

No comments:

Post a Comment