Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas - the new "fast-fix" alternative to pizza and tacos





Enchiladas have become the new fast-fix entree around here. It used to be pizza - but we are lightening up on the bread lately (with track season upon us). First, I must mention that when I think of making this - I’m in a hurry, a BIG hurry! We have usually arrived home after a sporting event and I wasn’t on the ball enough to get dinner ready beforehand - which is often. That necessitates speeding up the cooking process somehow. If you want to serve this by dinnertime, and you only have less than an hour - you simply need to have everything preheated. Enough said!

Isn’t “recipe morphing” fascinating and fun?! I’ve had several recipes on hand over the years for chicken enchiladas - and there are elements I like in each. But it’s just been recently that I’ve combined the promising recipes into one. There are also a few more in my son-in-law’s family cookbook (which is a treasure by the way! Thanks for sharing it with me...) Hence - here is the REAL ENCHILADA! (the one we like anyway...)

For fast-fix tips, recipe, and photos - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment