Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Buttery Pastry Crust - beyond the classic "vinegar & egg" version...





So here is my newest recipe for pie crust I told you about in yesterday’s post... I have ALWAYS used a recipe called “Never Fail Pie Crust” (with vinegar and egg - you know the one!) - and never thought I would find one I like better. I must say this one comes close! It is simple, and the butter gives it an even better flavor for some pie fillings I use. I’m not sure why it works so well, but I love it for main dish pies - like pot pies and quiche. Equally good in standard fruit and cream pies also.

When I make pastry - I detest having it stick to the countertop or a floured canvas. Years ago I discovered (by desperation) a slick way to roll out (and transfer) a perfect pastry to the pie tin without tearing or stretching. This recipe and method works equally well for small pot pies, or quiche. Also shown is how to make a "grated" topping using your pie crust...

For recipe, photos, and step-by-step instructions - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment