Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Less-Stress, No-Mess Swedish Meatballs




Swedish Meatballs were the ultimate dinner entree while I was growing up. I can still remember the heavenly smell as I walked in the door as they were cooking. My mother dutifully bought both beef and pork, had the butcher grind them together twice, and used her own homemade wheat bread crumbs along with the many other ingredients. I’m always on the lookout for a recipe that has that same aroma - but is quick to put on the plate. This combination (totally random on my part) surprisingly meets those qualifications - with the addition of a few unusual ingredients: plain non-fat yogurt, and dehydrated potato pearls (or flakes)...

If you are cooking for a smaller group, or just yourself - making a batch of these meatballs to keep handy for soups, sandwiches, and even pasta dishes saves time in the days ahead. They also freeze well...
For this recipe, photos, and tips - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("empty nest" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment