Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cream of Asparagus Soup (Crème D'asperges) *for dinner (solo) and lunch tomorrow




A savory, cold-weather comfort food - yet brimming with spring flavor. Pair with a salad and/or sandwich for a light lunch or dinner.

I love asparagus, and this is the perfect time of year to find it at it’s peak. But hasn't stopped snowing and I’ve loved living on soup for the past few months. When I get a hankering for asparagus soup in the winter, I pick up a can of Campbell’s - but this is SOOO much better. Makes just enough for your own dinner with leftovers for tomorrow. I warmed up a slice of leftover quiche to go with it, along with a small salad. A little comfort food on an almost-spring evening in March.

For recipe, instructions, and photos - go to: www.changeabletable.com (click on the "empty nest" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment