Monday, October 14, 2013

Lemon Bread - 2 Ways


 Lemon bread of any kind is wonderful - and I found two ways to make it, and love them both.  One utilizes yogurt, and the other uses convenience items like a cake mix, lemon pudding mix, and sour cream.  They are both delicious when you drown them in a tart/sweet lemon glaze.  




There is a lot of hype on Pinterest over a recipe called Starbuck’s Lemon Poundcake.  I guess you could call this a quick bread, but I call it a full-on dessert.  The lemon glaze is what makes it, but it can’t shine without a moist, lemony poundcake underneath.





The first recipe is from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.  It calls for plain yogurt and applesauce, but the oil (in my opinion) cancels out those health benefits.  It’s wonderful and moist.  



The second recipe is from Picky Palate.  All convenience and lots of lemon flavor.  

I made both for my niece’s wedding reception in August.  (Obviously, I’m a little tardy posting these)  If I had my choice - I’d actually prefer the version with convenient cake mix & lemon pudding.  More lemon flavor by far, and a little bit faster to get in the oven.  I would go for the one that uses what I have on hand.  And yes - fresh lemons are probably a great idea, even if you could technically use bottled lemon juice.

For both recipes - go to:
www.changeabletable.com






No comments:

Post a Comment