Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pineview Punch




I’m not sure exactly where this recipe originated, only that my family has been enjoying it for over 20 years now.  We call it “Pineview” Punch because we always made it on vacation when we spent a week at Pineview Reservoir.  It makes a LOT, and the “secret ingredient” makes it so refreshing when the weather is hot and everyone is parched & thirsty.


We used to have a condo in the Ogden Valley (Utah) in a beautiful city called “Eden” - and that little town is aptly named.  We spent lots of time in the pool and at the lake as a family.  


When I’ve made this for other events - everyone always asked “What’s IN this??”  It’s citric acid - available at most restaurant supply companies and also pharmacies.  I’ve also heard you can substitute Fruit Fresh (although it isn’t quite the same).  



We mix this up - 5 gallons at a time - in a large orange cooler with lots of ice.  When the ice runs out, I add a frozen milk jug filled with water and it keeps it nice and cold.  Then we make more as needed.  I keep it right next to the kitchen sink and the kids have their paper cups labeled with their names so we don’t go through so many glasses.  


This is a simple, refreshing drink that everyone loves.  I made it for the family reunion I was in charge of this past Saturday.  Always a hit.  

You'll find the recipe at:
www.changeabletable.com





No comments:

Post a Comment