Thursday, August 2, 2012

Single Size Pineapple Upside Down Cakes





It’s hard not to love Pineapple Upside Down Cake... but what to do with those tempting leftovers?  They just aren’t as wonderful as the minute you take them out of the oven.  Exact ingredients to make two  cakes that are just the right size - problem solved.  The right amount of brown sugar/pineapple glaze too.




I love making Sunday Dinner - but the leftover dessert from that meal is just too tempting.  So lately I have tried to make smaller desserts, depending on who drops in for dinner on that day.  I tried this when it was just my mother and I having  dinner together.  


I agree that making something small takes just as much effort as making enough to feed an army - but I was OK with that.  Nothing hanging out on the countertop calling my name all week long.


This was delicious... and especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (or a squirt of whipped cream from a can)  The ingredients were common to any kitchen - the only exception being the sliced pineapple.  If you have fresh pineapple, crushed pineapple, or even tidbits from a can - they would all work just as well.  Hmmm.  Fresh sounds like a great idea.
This isn’t what I would consider low-calorie, but at 290 calories/serving - that’s less than having an 8” x 8” pan waiting for me to dive into the rest of the week.


For the recipe, go to:
www.changeabletable.com


No comments:

Post a Comment