Monday, August 15, 2011

Bubble Up Enchilada Bake




Sometimes I like to jump on the (recipe) bandwagon and find out what all the noise is about.  This recipe has seen a lot of traffic - and it’s hard to find the original source.  It’s quick, easy, filling, and (really!) pretty delicious.  The only criticism I can give is that it uses a lot of processed foods.  But I can compromise when I’m in a hurry.

Friday night we decided to go check out the Salt Lake County Fair Demolition Derby (I know, I know... pretty sketchy! I went to my first one in Logan, Utah a year ago - and I hate to admit that I loved it.  Dirt flying, smoke everywhere, and twisted metal - sometimes I just need a different kind of chaos than what I’m used to on a daily basis.

Two of my married kids (& spouses) were meeting here to hurry through a quick meal before we went to save our seats - so we didn’t have time for a sit-down meal (my excuse for poor photos)  I’ve wanted to try this for a while, so this was a good chance to see how quick it really was.  

I thought I gave up on food like this once my kids left home - but it’s fun to indulge in a little convenience food occasionally.  I had this on the table in less than an hour (including prep and baking).  

The biscuits help it live up to the “bubble up” in the title.  They were still flaky - not soggy at all.  I found a few differences in the web versions out there - but next time I’ll temper the taco seasoning a little.  I might even leave it out completely - depending on the age of the kids at the table.  

We dropped on a dollop of sour cream and guacamole - and later I thought it would even be better with a little jarred salsa to spice it up a bit.  This will save you on one of “those nights” when you barely have time to walk in the door before heading out to the next event.

For this (fast) recipe - go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment