Thursday, April 14, 2011

Creamy Chicken & Noodles. Fast.



If you’re looking for a quick alternative to classic chicken with noodles - put this in your “to try” file.  This uses homestyle egg noodles that take a long time to cook, so it’s convenient to simmer everything together at once.  At the last minute, a few additional ingredients make this extra creamy. 

I love the chicken soup with dumplings that I grew up on - but it’s a bit time consuming at the last minute.  The fifteen minutes before getting dinner on the table can be hectic, which is why adding a few canned ingredients to this soup is so easy.

This is a good choice for using up leftover cooked chicken.  It takes very little time to chop carrots, celery, and onions - and they cook right along with the noodles.  

The recipe source (ourrecipeclub) mentions they sometimes make homemade noodles instead of using the dried homestyle noodles - which I think would be wonderful.  Someday I’ll tackle that skill - but in the meantime, I’ll opt for convenience.

I’m not crazy about evaporated milk (as I grew up not liking it much) - but it’s hard to detect it’s flavor here.  It, along with the canned cream of chicken soup, really makes a creamy texture.  Enjoy this either as a soup, or a main dish.  

For the recipe - go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment