Saturday, January 15, 2011

Re-Purposed Candy Cane Hearts



When I saw this great idea - I thought of my grandchildren and how fun it would be to find another use for those pesky after-holiday candy canes.  These are fast, easy, and incredibly creative.  So don’t delay - snatch some out of the clearance baskets full of after-Christmas candy. 

Before every holiday I find myself hesitating to purchase candy.  In my mind’s eye I can visualize baskets of candy at 75% off the day after - and usually it motivates me to hold off.  

Today I was walking through my local Sam’s Club and found this huge tub of mini candy canes for $1.91.  It made me remember a post at freidalovesbread.com (one of my favorite food blogs).  Since I was watching my grandchildren over the weekend, I dropped one of these in my cart and hurried home to try Freida’s method.

There are so many other things you can do with these besides hang them on a Valentine’s tree (which was where I wanted to use these).  Check out the link below for ways to use these from the blog where Frieda discovered them... 




Don’t you just love cheap fun?

For links & complete instructions - go to:

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE what you have done with these!! So darling! I'm glad you were able to find some at Sam's Club...others are having a hard time finding them!

    ReplyDelete