Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hot Chocolate Souffles



This personal size souffle is as satisfying as both a cup of hot cocoa, combined with a fudgy brownie.  This was a unique Sunday night treat that took minutes to prepare.  When it ‘falls’ (as all souffle’s do), the cavity is just begging for a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Then - if that’s not enough chocolate for you - drizzle with bit of hot fudge sauce.


These reminded me of Molten Lava Cakes, but without the fuss.  You’ll be surprised at how the texture changed with a small handful of miniature marshmallows - and when sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, they were divine. 

The original recipe makes enough for 12 servings - but I only wanted two (or three at most).  After practicing my elementary math skills - I pared it down to a more manageable yield.  I also used chocolate chips instead of bittersweet chocolate.  I have to limit the leftovers with desserts this decadent.

For this quick & satisfying chocolatey treat, you'll find the recipe at:


1 comment: