Monday, November 22, 2010

Girls' Night Spinach Quiche



My daughters and I love a good quiche, but that same sentiment is not shared by children of any age.  So lately I have saved this recipe for the rare occasions when my three daughters come home.  We compete for the leftovers because they are just delicious, and rewarm perfectly in the microwave.


My little 5 year old grandson heard they were having Spinach Quiche for dinner, and burst into BIG elephant tears.  I’m sad to say that his father isn’t much more enthusiastic than his little guy.  Quiche is definitely NOT man’s food in our family, but the men tolerate it if you make a hearty side dish or a pan of rolls to go along with it.  A small price to pay for an excellent dinner!  (And my sons even seem to enjoy it as long as I only watch them from the corner of my eye...)

I’ve discovered something that makes a quiche even better.  Now I pre-bake the crust (blind baking) so it is never soggy.  I couldn’t believe the difference it made.  

Quiche embraces any ingredient.   This is a great place to “hide” leftover chicken, turkey, ham, etc... and even veggies that you don’t have quite enough of for any other purpose.  


This is my favorite standby for lunch, or a light dinner.  Leftovers are easily warmed in the oven or microwave for a quick meal on a busy night.

For the full recipe with tips & photos - go to:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great recipe! I haven't made quiche in a while...had a neighbor who made it for a gift every Christmas, though. Great minds think alike ~ I just did a blind bake pie post:

    http://www.friedalovesbread.com/2010/11/pre-baked-pie-crust-101-blind-baking.html

    ReplyDelete