Monday, August 9, 2010

Simply Cheesecake



The beauty of cheesecake originally used to be it’s simplicity.  As of late, it is a medium for food artists to express themselves in daring ways.  This cheesecake however - is unpretentious - modest, yet truly superior.  No add-ins or secret ingredients allow it’s smooth, creamy goodness to really shine.


I have been in a cheesecake rut most of my life.  I’ve always turned to the Lion House Cheesecake recipe, and it’s a good one.  

That’s why I love going to the Cheesecake Factory when I’m in a risk-taking mood.  When I’ve tried my hand at various cheesecake recipes here at home, my family subtly reminds me that simple is good.

When I stumbled on this recipe - I loved how it was photographed in it’s unadulterated form - just cheesecake.  The ingredients were similar, but the proportions were different from my most used recipe.  It completely fills a 9” springform pan to the brim as it bakes.  And, as you will notice - there’s no skimping on the rich & real ingredients that make up a decadent cheesecake.

But (my) boys will be boys.  Their only criticism of this cheesecake was that it lacked a sour cream layer on top.  I personally didn’t even miss it - as it is definitely rich enough.  So, to satisfy their tastes - next time I will bake it in a 10” springform pan and add the sour cream layer they love.

For the complete recipe, directions, and a link to the source - go to:

2 comments:

  1. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty good. I am still and always will be partial to your original cheesecake recipe! Just sayin', Love ya Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I love about you... I always know you will give me your completely honest opinion.

    ReplyDelete