Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Soft Yogurt Sandwich Rolls



I become so focused on sandwich fillings sometimes, I forget that bread or rolls is a good place to sneak in some extra nutrients.  Yogurt adds extra protein as well as a soft (yet firm) texture.  I enjoy the flavor of these rolls which is almost reminiscent of sourdough.  Flash freeze to use individually as needed. 


Lowfat (or no-fat) yogurt has so many uses in my cooking lately - we love it.  It adds body and flavor unlike anything else I’ve tried in breadmaking.  

I found this recipe on bakingbites.com, and I was happy with the golden brown color and the slightly tangy flavor.  They turned out soft, but chewy as well - a nice combination.

I’ve kept these in my freezer to take out a few at a time when I’m making lunches for my son to take to work.  They are excellent as a standard dinner roll as well.
If you want them to resemble a bun in appearance - simply flatten them after rising and just before placing in the oven to bake.  


For the recipe, and a link to the source - go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment