Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sour Cream Rosette Rolls - just enough...



I’m afraid I will never be able to give up making rolls - even when nobody comes home to dinner.  This recipe makes 12-16 rolls, which is manageable - even for a single person.  If you don’t want to bake them all at once, they freeze well and can be brought out a few at a time as you need them.


I can’t resist picking up a few containers of sour cream and keeping them on hand.  It’s a versatile ingredient, and seems to stay fresh for a long time if I invert them (sitting on the lid) in the refrigerator.

When I saw this recipe, I looked forward to trying it - but I usually have people over for Sunday dinner - and a small batch won’t be enough.  I also have to work around my 3-hour church block, and have to refrigerate the dough.  The short stay in the refrigerator might have even produced a better roll (but I won’t know until I try it the other way)

I found the recipe on tasteofhome.com - and it directs you to form them into round rolls.  As always - I have to complicate things.  I decided to make rosettes, and they were delicious.
The dough is really nice to handle - it’s hard to describe.  It’s firm, yet puffy - and it almost has a ‘sourdough’ taste to it.  That is probably from the zing in the sour cream.  The rolls stay moist for several days as a result.


For the recipe and directions - go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment