Thursday, April 22, 2010

White Chocolate & Peanut Butter Krispies - your childhood favorite all grown up...


This mixture combines your childhood favorite (Rice Krispy Treats) with a little added sophistication of white chocolate, peanut butter, and chocolate chunks.  The mini-marshmallows stay intact and the creamy melted combo of white chocolate & peanut butter holds it all together.        


I outgrew Rice Krispy Treats long ago.  I can’t even estimate the number of times I made that recipe on the back of the Kellogg’s Rice Krispies box.  I know I had it memorized because I could make it in my sleep (or while having a deep conversation on the phone with a friend).

There are lots of variations of this kids classic - and I don’t like any of them.  I have to be downright starving to death to partake of anything close to Rice Krispy Treats.

So, imagine my surprise when my dear Relief Society President - Sheri - brought these over when my daughter was recovering from three surgeries right before her wedding.  I was not a happy camper - my beautiful, sweet daughter had two black eyes from all those surgeries, and her wedding was in three weeks.  But when we bit into this new breed of “that kind of treat” - it didn’t matter.  The two of us (singlehandedly) consumed the entire plate.  

Then I promptly emailed her begging for the recipe.  She graciously sent it to me right away.  Thanks Sheri!

You’ll either love or hate these.  But you be the judge.  And don’t say I didn’t warn you they are addicting, and they also have more than a few calories.  To top it all off, they are (dangerously) simple to make.


For the recipe, photos, and instructions - go to:




No comments:

Post a Comment