Friday, February 12, 2010

Fudge Centered Hearts - miniature version of the classic chocolate-lover's indulgence...



Molten Lava Cake realistically sized for one... What attracted me to this recipe is that it can be made ahead, refrigerated, and baked just before needed so they are gooey and warm when served.  I found it on lesliesarna.com - thanks!


When prepared this way (in disposable pans, or ramekins you want to “gift” to the recipient) they are fun to give away to fellow chocolate fanatics.  This is an inexpensive, sweet remembrance for Valentine’s Day.


I made these decadent single size wonders for a little Valentine treat for my fellow single friends.  Valentine’s Day can be hard to endure for those who are alone without their significant others.  I wanted them to know I was thinking of them and appreciated their friendship.
I baked them two ways:  


First, in a 2-person size red rectangular ramekin.  These were fun (since I was giving away the ramekin with the treat - who wouldn’t like that?)  


Next I tried Reynold’s Fun Shapes Foil Baking Cups - heart shaped, of course!  I really liked these convenient little foil shapes.  All I did was spray them with a little Pam, and they popped out easily after baking.  


I made the mistake of baking these a tad too long - which they warn about in the text of the recipe.  But in spite of that, the centers were still fudgy and moist - I just wanted it to flow like, you know - LAVA!?  
For my adaptation of this classic recipe, with detailed step-by-step photos - go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment