Monday, December 7, 2009

"Loaded" Creamy Potato Bake - it's ALL in here...

All those group Christmas parties are going on right now, and I needed to come up with something unusual for our Conference Center Shift Christmas Social tonight. We all love the common ‘funeral’ and ‘au-gratin’ potato varieties - and I was too weary to make twice baked today. So I decided to come up with a new combination using favorite baked potato toppings.



It was quite the experiment, but I think I will make it again. Everyone loved the little mashed potato rosettes brushed with butter and baked to a light brown. My Conference Center friends were making fun of me - calling these “Anne’s Designer Potatoes”...They better stop ridiculing me, or I’ll stop bringing my experiments!



Lately I've been discouraged by starchy, gluey mashed potatoes - so I cooked these differently. Until I get a potato “ricer” - I decided to boil the potatoes in their skins this time. Once tender, I peeled them and mashed them lightly with a potato masher. The other ingredients soaked right into the fluffy potatoes, and they whipped up nicely without turning into a glob of glue.



Once baked, it was fun taking the first scoop out of the dish - revealing the layers of chives, cheese, and bacon. I can’t wait to see if these are good “nuked (as my sons describe the process of microwaving...)



For this newly created recipe, along with step-by-step photos - go to:
www.changeabletable.com

No comments:

Post a Comment