Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Panko-Crusted Chicken Bites - great Fall appetizer...



Panko is (ONE of) my favorite coatings for anything I want to be crispy - but not overly so. With no flavor to speak of, it allows whatever you coat to shine through and be the star of the recipe. Such is the case with these tasty little chicken bites. Great as an appetizer, or even a main dish to dip in sauce.



I found this handy little idea for what I think is perfect fall fare on Martha Stewart’s website.



You may wonder why anyone would want to mess up a crispy coating with olive oil. Adding it to the coating beforehand seemed to help it “clump” enough to make an interesting texture in the final product. The recipe below includes instructions for an apricot mustard sauce. Since I was exceptionally tired and hungry that night - I opted for three family-proven sauces that work for us (ranch dressing, marinara sauce, and Bullseye BBQ - always a hit with my family) Since there were only two of us at home that night - I halved the recipe and it was just enough four our main dish with a crispy green salad to share.

For this recipe, step-by-step photos, and instructions - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("empty nest" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment