Saturday, October 10, 2009

Corn"CAKE" - extra sweetness in an old favorite...





The problem with cornbread is what we DO to it. At my table, it is usually swimming in butter, honey, and/or jam to cut the dryness - and accompanied by gallons of milk to wash it down.

I found this recipe on ourbestbites.com, but it is available in many forms on hundreds of blogs. I decided to make it in my stoneware mini-bundt pan. That makes it easy to set on a small plate alongside a big bowl of steaming soup, stew, or chili for each person.

I made the honey butter recipe that goes with this recipe also... I’ll post that one tomorrow. It is so easy and really “makes” the cornbread (‘er CAKE) even better.

For my adaptation of this recipe, go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment