Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pizza Bake w/Zucchini Crust - like the deep-dish pizza pie you love...





Yes! This recipe surprised me... I had no idea it would be this delicious. The star-of-the-season (shredded zucchini) is under cover hiding in a tender, puffy crust. Traditional pizza ingredients on top make this taste like an amazing deep-dish pizza pie. You’ll love this unusual twist of a zucchini recipe...

A year ago my wonderful daughter-in-law gave this recipe a try, took a picture, and sent it to me. In her words - everyone liked it and polished it off! That’s saying something - due to the fact that they have three little ones under the age of five. And Dad loved it too...

I’m hoping it reheats well, either in the oven or microwave - because it makes a HUGE batch. Next time I’m going to try different toppings - but Italian sausage is everyone’s choice it seems, and it was terrific.

I was a bit worried about all the liquid surrounding the shredded zucchini. I drained a little bit of it before adding it, but it was still extremely moist. It didn’t seem to matter however, because it was not swimming in juice like I thought it would. I chopped up an entire green pepper, used about 1/4 cup, and froze the remainder in a small container for next time. For some reason, I think I’ll be using up zucchini for quite some time...

For the recipe, it's source, and detailed photos - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment