Friday, August 21, 2009

Zucchini Banana Bread with Cinnamon Chips - for that orphaned banana on your kitchen counter...






I hereby promise to NOT afflict you with additional zucchini recipes after this one (for at least a day or two...) I am assuming you are as buried in the fruits of this garden weed as I am?

I always seem to have a brown banana gracing my countertop begging to be put to good use. During the summer, the same seems to be true with zucchini. So, putting both together in small loaves of bread is a good marriage. Small loaves can easily be frozen and brought out one at a time so just a few people home for dinner are not overwhelmed by a large quantity.

With the food blogging craze, I assumed there HAD to be a recipe out in cyberspace that combined zucchini and bananas. It didn’t surprise me to find one on tasteofhome.com - a great resource for common sense, practical cooking. I thought it would be fun to add a little pizzaz to the two bland ingredients, so I popped in some mini-cinnamon chips. They are so tiny, you might almost miss them unless you closely examine the bread as you enjoy it. My sons really preferred this bread over the Double Dose of Chocolate Zucchini Bread I made the same day.

For this recipe, photos, and directions - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("empty nest" tab)

1 comment: